A notice to our Families
What We Are Doing To Keep You And Our Employees Safe.
With 3 Generations and over 130 years of service to Spartanburg and the surrounding community, the J. F. Floyd Mortuary and its experienced team of care givers are standing by to assist you and your family during this unprecedented health emergency. The health and safety of our guests, employees and community is our top priority. We fully support the recommended social distancing standards that are currently suggested and are doing the following:
- Our cleaning service and our staff are paying extra attention to high touch items like door knobs, faucets, and chairs and other communal areas.
- Any sick employee is asked to stay at home and would be sent home if at work
- Hand sanitizers are available throughout our facilities
- Our spacious gathering areas can accommodate necessary “social distancing” recommendations
- As always, we are available 24/7, 365 days of the year to assist you.
At this time we are operating normally, by APPOINTMENT, PHONE and EMAIL whether planning services, gatherings and/or just answering your questions. We are monitoring all guidelines from the CDC, our national and state funeral associations and our federal, state and local governments. Accordingly:
WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ACCOMMODATE FAMILIES IN MAKING ARRANGEMENTS AND CONDUCTING SERVICES IN ANY CAPACITY NEEDED TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY AND COMFORT WHILE HONORING YOUR LOVED ONE.
We would suggest that families consider selecting the traditional Graveside service – a cemetery easily lends itself to the suggested “social distancing” and is certainly not a confined space. Another alternative would be a Private Committal service (at the cemetery) with a Memorial Service scheduled at a later date – we would be happy to assist with that planning. Other suggestions are:
- In an effort to minimize direct contact, we ask that you consider avoiding shaking hands or physical contact with the members of the Family, Guests or our Staff.
- Direct Eye Contact, Loving Words, and a Warm Smile can be as meaningful to the families as a traditional handshake or hug especially during these difficult times.
- We encourage the use of our online guest books for condolence messages to the family – consider it a “Hug from Home” during this difficult time.
Again, our Staff is here to serve, protect and honor each family as we have over these 134 years. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to call us at 864-582-5451 or email us at [email protected].